In the following example I wish to show only the weld bead as a solid in the draft view.
• On the Home tab > Dimension group select the Styles command.
• Click on the New button in the Style dialog.
• Move to the Properties tab and select a desired fill color from the Solid color: pull-down list.
• In this example I selected Dk Gray. Click OK.
• Select the Weld fill type, from the list in the command bar.
I now have a solid looking weld bead, while maintaining the wireframe look to the rest of the parts in the drawing view.